Another week. Wow. I swear June didn't even happen! .....
But things here couldn't be better! We wrapped up another great week with the Summer Missionaries (yes, they survived and no one died) and now Sister Dudley and I are back together full time!
We had some great stuff go down this week! Sam passed his baptismal interview and is good to go for Sunday!! We're super stoked for him and he's doing great! We've been challenged to a game of lighting (or revenge or knockout or whatever you want to call it) so pray that my mad skills from the MTC come back, because if we lose we will never live it down... He's the coolest kid around. It really is just amazing that he's been able to get permission from his parents to get baptized!
We also started teaching some awesome people this week! We are starting to teach the wife of a recent convert and this guy named Nick who is a Yoyo sihfuh (master). They gospel changes life and we're stoked to see what it does to these people!
It's been an interesting week, as we had a changeover of mission presidents! I'm not going to lie, it was weird to think about President and Sister Hawks leaving. There's just a great love and respect for the Hawks and it's was hard to think about the China Hong Kong Mission without the two people who were holding it all together.
We had Mission Leadership Council this week and were able to meet President and Sister Lam. When I was set apart I remember President Strong very specifically said that I would be able to gain a testimony of the power of keys, and that totally happened this week.
President and Sister Lam are AWESOME.
SO different, but yet still the same! And most importantly, I have such a strong testimony that President Lam now holds the keys for our mission. There are some things that are very different, but it's great and good things are going to happen here.
President and Sister Lam may be the most warm, open and friendly people I've ever met! They are both converts, (Sister Lam joined after their first three kids were born and then President Lam joined about 15 or so years later) and because of that bring a lot of really cool insight into the work! They were born in Hong Kong, but went to the states for school and stayed. President Lam delivers babies (there's a fancy name for it but I can't remember it and I don't have google). It's really interesting to go from a president who is an engineer and is paid to figure out how companies can work more effectively to a president who delivers babies.. Haha there's certainly a sense of humor that comes with both of those professions and it's just been great to see both!
One quick thought about President and Sister Lam. They shared with us their conversion story (which I'd love to share but mouth sihgaan - no time) and long story short, Sister Lam saw missionaries around in Hong Kong growing up, but didn't join until they were married and living in California and a stake missionary knocked on her door and invited her to an open house. President Lam joined 15 years later through influence of friends and colleagues and family.
At the end of that what I realized is that the only influence that full time missionaries had in their conversion was the Elders Sister Lam saw on the street in Hong Kong as a child and then the District Leaders who conducted their interviews before they were baptized. All other teaching was done by stake missionaries, by friends and family.
Not to take away from the responsibility of full time missionaries, but it just reminded me of the influence that friends, family, wards and stakes can have in conversion.
This is one hundred percent the Lord's work.
I've spent all week studying Alma 26 in preparation for our Zone Training and the end of verse 3 has been in my mind all week.
"And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work."
That's really all we are.
Instruments in the hands of He who knows all.
Instruments in the hands of He who can do anything.
Instruments in the hands of He who loves perfectly.
What a blessing it is to be GIVEN the opportunity to be an instrument in His hands so that He can bring about His great work.
And the beauty of it is that anyone can be that instrument. We just have to do our part to be worthy and seek His will and not get in the way. You don't have to be a full-time missionary!
His work is moving forward and is the greatest thing to be a part of. I'm just so blessed. I love my Savior. I love my Heavenly Father. I'm so grateful for this opportunity.
LOVE YOU more than you know!
SisMoRob
![]() |
| Sister Chan, my summer missionary companion! |
![]() |
| Sister Chan and her mom. |
![]() |
| Sister Chan is great! We had fun :) |
![]() |
| Sister Dudley and her Summer Missionary Sister Cheng |
![]() |
| I liked her too! |
![]() |
| Here's the map I drew for Sister Dudley so she could get around with Sister Chen after only being in our area for 4 days... It's good huh? |






No comments:
Post a Comment